Proactive Accountancy for the Digital Age
A supportive partner to help run your business
Swift Accountancy helps you to run your business with our all year round support.
Get greater control from regular management accounts and more time to make decisions from cash flow forecasts. Our pro-active approach highlights problems and unlocks solutions fast and effectively.
Swift Accountancy was created by Suzanne Swift to provide proactive all year round support.
Suzanne has a track record of helping businesses over 23 years – from large limited companies to small sole traders.
Her accountancy career began helping a food manufacturer grow its turnover from £40k per week to over £500k per week. She then introduced a process management system for a manufacturer in the pharmaceutical industry.
More recently, Suzanne undertook senior accountancy and finance roles with a firm of property developers and house builders as well as a large US corporate company.
Suzanne gained her Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification in 2012 based on her commercial experience. In 2017 she was awarded Fellow membership and also gained her Practising Certificate.
Proactive. Personal. Digital.
We bring over 23 years of accounting experience from a range of businesses. Whether you’re a sole trader or a limited company we understand the problems you face and are here to help.
Businesses across West Yorkshire benefit from our down to earth, personal service. But we also help clients across the UK with online support.
We take care of your accounts so you don’t have to.
We offer a suite of services tailored to your business. You’ll benefit from real time information that helps you run your business because we use cloud accounting software. Our services will support your compliance with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) rules and future changes, including the introduction of Making Tax Digital from April 2019 for businesses above the VAT threshold.
Limited Company Year End Accounts
- Complete your profit and loss account to show your company’s sales, direct costs and indirect costs to show overall net profit position
- Calculate Corporation tax liability
- Produce the balance sheet to show the value of everything your company owns, owes or is owed
- Create notes about the accounts
- Prepare the Director’s report
- Deal with all the relevant annual submissions to HMRC and Companies House
- Forecasting gives you so much more control over your finances
- Assists in monitoring client payment habits and can help with credit control
- Should you wish to borrow money a cashflow forecast will make it easier for lenders to make a decision
- Many great businesses have got into trouble due to cashflow problems, don’t let your business become one of them
- Your payments and receipts are kept up-to-date along with your VAT records
- You’ll be able to make payments on time, stay on good terms with suppliers and chase overdue payments because we’ll keep track of your bills and invoices
- Your annual accounts will be streamlined as a result of our regular bookkeeping services (weekly, monthly or quarterly)
- Assist with VAT registration
- Advise on VAT planning and administration
- Use the most appropriate scheme
- Provide VAT control and reconciliation
- Prepare and submit VAT returns as required by HMRC
- We can focus on key performance indicators that are relevant to your business
- Helps you understand your business better helps make meaningful business decisions
- Can be produced monthly or quarterly, whichever suits your business
- Done in a timely manner to ensure you can react quicker to any given situation
- They can help give greater focus on key areas and can give you a better understanding of your costs
- Create customised payslips
- Manage PAYE, National Insurance, statutory sick pay, statutory maternity pay, etc.
- Complete year-end returns and submission to HMRC
- Produce summaries and analyses of staff costs
- Handle incentive schemes, bonuses, ex-gratia and termination payments
- Manage pension schemes and Auto Enrolment administration
Sole Trader Self Assessment
- Prepare your trading accounts
- Calculate your tax liability
- Complete and file your tax return on your behalf
- Advise on appropriate record retention
- Advise on what can and can’t be claimed for
- Ensure you never miss the deadline and avoid any penalties
Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
- Complete subcontractor verification
- Calculate deductions
- Prepare payment statements
- Prepare and submit monthly returns
Tracey Cronie - From Tiny Seeds
Suzanne has been brilliant from the word go. She’s always at the end of the phone to answer any questions. As I’m new to being self employed there’ve been quite a few, but she has been so patient - she’s made it easy for me. Suzanne’s been able to reclaim tax back for me that I didn’t know was due, so extremely happy and would 100% recommend her.
Paul Meeres – Landscape Gardener
We changed accountants due to lack of communication (we’d suddenly got an extra tax bill that we weren’t expecting!) So, Suzanne has taken over, she worked through our Accounts and explained what the tax bill related to. She just makes it so much easier by explaining in plain English what everything means and when we need to do things.
D Hemsley – N Hemsley & Sons Contracting Ltd
I got into a bit of a pickle with my paperwork and was receiving numerous HMRC fines and penalties as we weren’t submitting on time. I got in touch with Suzanne and straightaway she helped us get back on track. She set up payroll correctly and wrote to HMRC to explain the issues so the fines and penalties have been cancelled. Such a relief to know she is now looking after the financial side.
Action: We contacted Swift Accountancy who we knew had clients in the construction industry. Suzanne did a full overhaul of the systems and told us what was needed so we were compliant with the HMRC legal requirements. She also liaised with HMRC to get overpaid tax returned. This was money that we wouldn’t have had without Suzanne’s persistence. Suzanne suggested we move to cloud accounting which was done just after year end and it’s unbelievable the time we’re saving. Also, our invoices look more professional when they get automatically emailed to the correct contact.
Outcome: We realise now that we were doing things the same way because that’s how we’ve always done it! It’s been such a weight lifted knowing that we’re now in capable hands and complying with all legal requirements. And we’re in the 21st Century! We’re still learning the system but Suzanne is always at the other end of the phone. Sometimes it’s in the evening when we’re getting around to doing our paperwork. But we never feel that it’s too much trouble to ask! She has gone above and beyond and even sorted out our new email address as again we have no clue with IT either.
Differentiated By Our Approach.
Informal chat over coffee?
Please fill in the form below with as much information as possible so we can understand how best to help you.
Our location in Yorkshire means we’re well positioned in the centre of the UK, with reasonable travel times to Scotland, Ireland and throughout England.
Address: Old Thorn, Yew Tree Lane, Holmbridge, Holmfirth, HD9 2NR
Phone: +44 (0) 1484 683 601